Precihole's Micro Gun Drilling Machines are suitable to drill into assorted medical implants which requires drilling of precise and deep holes. Some of the crucial and renowned parts of this machine are component counter rotation, high pressure coolant pump, high speed motorized spindles, multiple tool steadies and tool monitoring system. Owing to these, three main features are instilled into the drill machines viz outstanding straightness, excellent bore tolerance and superior surface finish. These are also suitable for complex medical applications.
1) Ergonomically Designed Machine Guarding: The design is specifically targeted to ensure safety of operator and aesthetics of the machine. Further, ergonomic design also allows simpler operation and maintenance.
2) Axis Motion on LM Guides: The feed motion is carried out in LM rails, which is accurate and preloaded. This motion is ideal for conducting deep hole drilling.
3) Ball Screw & Servo Drives: Preloaded nuts and precision ball screws are tension-mounted along with fixed support at each of its two ends.
4) High Pressure Coolant System: The pumping system of this micro gun drilling machine is high positive displacement type. Also, variable flow technique is present.
5) Fine Coolant Filtration System: There are several baffles present in the tank. From these baffles, the coolant is routed. Thereafter, these are passed via multistage filtration which guarantees finest filtration, making it perfect for deep hole drilling.
6) Centralized Lubrication System: Specific quantity of lubrication oil shot is injected into elements such as ball screws and LM guides. This is done in regular time intervals.
7) High Speed PLC: Precision PLC with good interlocks are provided along with colored touchscreen HMI. To make it suitable for gun drilling, user friendly interface and various smart cutting parameters are fully optimized.
By dealing with us, you venture into a partnership with a one-stop shop for each and every deep hole-drilling requirements.
The working process followed in micro gun drilling machines was developed only to drill into Gun Barrels and was exclusive to the Defence Industry. With the passage of time, this technology expanded and found use in industries such as medical implants, die & mold, automotive, oil & gas, aerospace and others. This technology and machine is ideal for increasing the process productivity and reliability.
Conventional drilling standards are not enough if it is desired to achieve increased tool life and surface finish along with precise hole straightness. The gun drilling technology or process is used for making deep and straight holes. When compared with the conventional twist drilling technology, our machine can eccentrically cut through the metal. Furthermore, once the bit is inside the component, then the tool self-pilots itself. Further, burnishing of the hole is done with help of guide pads. This makes the hole precise in terms of round shape and straightness.